Sodexo is the community of its clients, consumers, employees and shareholders. We recognize that the best way to respond to the expectations of all of our stakeholders is through steady growth. We also believe it is important that our work is meaningful to all who contribute to it and thus we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966.
More than 95% of our 428,000 employees work on our sites, in daily contact with our clients and consumers. Our employees, who through their commitment and dedication personify Sodexo’s unique values of Service Spirit, Team Spirit and Spirit of Progress, are our greatest asset.
- Clients and consumers are at the center of everything we do.
- To serve them well on a daily basis, we have to demonstrate our availability and responsiveness, to anticipate their expectations and to take pride in satisfying them.
- Sodexo has become a global company but we remain locally-focused; our managers in the field are true entrepreneurs, close to their clients and empowered to make decisions.
- It is an absolute need in all of our operations, our business units and administrative offices, as well as in our management committees.
- Each person’s skills combine with other team members’ knowledge to help ensure Sodexo’s success.
- Teamwork depends on the following: listening, transparency, respect for others, diversity, solidarity in implementing major decisions, respect for rules and mutual support, particularly in difficult times.
Spirit of Progress
It is manifested through:
- Our will, but also the firm belief that one can always improve on the present situation.
- Acceptance of evaluation and comparison of one’s performance, with one’s colleagues in the company or with one’s competitors.
- Self-assessment, because understanding one’s successes as well as one’s failures is fundamental to continuous improvement.
- A balance between ambition and humility.
- Optimism, the belief that for every problem there is a solution, an innovation or some way to progress.